Hi! I’m Karl. I’m seeking freelance, full-time, and part-time web development work in the New York metro area or by remote.
With that in mind, I look forward to adding my creativity, my passion for working with others, and my hunger for lifelong learning to a team that shares my values.
Skills & Qualifications
- Python, Django, Flask, WordPress, Bootstrap, SQLAlchemy, Git
- Developed a suite of Python CLI tools for Idealist.org; closed $50,000 in outstanding invoices using those tools
- Learning Vue.js and React
- HarvardX CS50, completed February 2018
- Dain Miller’s Advanced Beginner Challenge, completed Python/Django track January 2019
A one-page Django portfolio app for Miami-based PR firm News Travels Fast. Features animation with Animate.css and Typed.js, a backend-supported Contact form, and an admin interface that allows clients to view all form submissions.
One-page portfolio website for humorist and playwright Topher Cusumano. Written in Django and Bootstrap, this Heroku app implements logging on the back end and the Magnific Popup jQuery plugin library on the front end.
Want to adopt a dog, but don’t know anything about what breeds suit your lifestyle or shelters nearby? Find a Doggo finds adoptable dogs near you based on a temperament you specify.
A movie recommendation tracker CRUD app with user registration verification by email, a Trello card-like user interface, and movie title verification using the OMDb API.
Written in Python and Flask with Bootstrap, FontAwesome, and the SQLAlchemy PostgreSQL API. Deployed on Heroku. (View source code)
A user and roles management CRUD app from a tutorial by Mbithe Nzomo on Scotch.io as part of Dain Miller’s Advanced Beginner Challenge. The implementation features unit tests and functional tests with Selenium.
Written in Python and Flask with Bootstrap and deployed on PythonAnywhere. (View source code)
- Professional musical theater composer and lyricist
- Wrote a musical with Josh Sharp & Aaron Jackson (The Opposition with Jordan Klepper) that ran to standing-room-only houses in NYC and LA for a year and a half; we sold feature film option rights to 20th Century Fox in 2016
- Wrote a musical with playwright Maria Alexandria Beech that placed in the final round of consideration for the National Music Theater Conference in 2017
- Professional essayist, critic, and journalist
- Published in Metro US, the largest free, daily-circulation newspaper in the U.S.
- Celebrity interviews, cultural criticism, and current events for INTO, Grindr’s digital queer magazine